Brief Description/Aims of the Group:
Work to date:
The group have been involved in many very important pieces of work including:
- The Childrens Network Directory
- The Lead Professional Passport
- A review of short-breaks provision
- Transport issues for young people
- A trip to Brussels to take part in the European 'Year Against Poverty and Social Exclusion'
- Leisure activities for young people with disabilities
And are currently working on projects such as...
- Improving our leisure centres project (including a mystery shopping project)
- Sensory Support equipment pilot (to advise staff on the best equipment to buy for the future)
- Improving our local areas project
- A DVD project looking at outcomes for young people and the journey to adulthood
eXtreme group work is carried out by sub-groups of the eXtreme group who meet at various locations across the county as well as some group members coming together during holiday times. Please see the eXtreme schools group page for more information on sub-group meetings.
Workers Name and Contact details:
Reports/Articles: Available on Request